Welcome to Kansas City
Here's just a sampling of what Kansas City has to offer:
- LOCATION: America’s most centrally located major metropolitan area, Kansas City’s location is a huge advantage for the tourists. In fact, more than 55 million Americans can get to Kansas City in less than a day’s drive. And flying here is even easier—as Kansas City International Airport is just a 3-hour flight away from each coast. All major U.S. air carriers serve KCI which offers more than 400 daily flights with nonstop service to 48 destinations.
- AFFORDABILITY: Kansas City is easy on the bottom line, thanks to reasonable rates for lodging, airfare, food and services. Since Kansas City International Airport is not a hub for any single airline, competition among carriers keeps airfares down. When you compare hotel costs, food costs and other services, Kansas City stacks up well against its competition.
- WORLD-CLASS CUISINE: A culinary crossroads, Kansas city is cooking with all kinds of flavors. Whether you rub elbows with award-winning chefs or dig into favorites, you won’t go home hungry. Indulge in local delicacies like Kansas City Strips, Chicken Spiedini, Boulevard beer and, of course, that tangy world famous barbecue.
- URBAN RENAISSANCE: Get up close and personal with Kansas City’s 6.5 billion revitalized downtown—including a shining eight-block entertainment district, stunning art galleries, performance venues and more. In fact, Lonely Planet recently named Kansas City, Missouri, one of its Top 10 U.S. Destinations. With a flourishing visual arts scene and vibrant performing arts community, Kansas City might be best described as a bustling Midwestern cultural center. Explore more than 100 art galleries and exhibition spaces, with more than half of them in the vibrant Crossroads Arts District. The newly-expanded Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is a must see during any visit. With more than 65 performing arts organization, Kansas City’s stages are rarely dark. At the new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts Center the city’s renowned KC Ballet, KC Symphony and KC Opera companies produce an eclectic repertoire of classical performances.
- SPORTS CAPITAL: Kansas City’s passion for sports will leave you cheering. Witness the action and enjoy professional football (KC CHIEFS), baseball (2015 World Series winners KC ROYALS), soccer (SPORTING KC) and racing (NASCAR). Or tour The College Basketball Experience and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, two interactive venues fit for the fan in all of us.